A 13-week cash flow forecast provides a short-term outlook for a company’s cash position. This type of projection looks ahead 13 weeks (i.e. three months) and predicts how much cash the company will have on hand at the end of each week.
There are five important reasons to utilize a 13-Week cash flow forecast:
- A Better Predictor of Cash: It helps a business predict its cash position in the short term and identify potential gaps in cash flow.
- Leads to Better Cash Management: A business can make better informed decisions about cash management, such as when to pay bills, make investments, and determine how to manage cash reserves.
- Becomes an Early Warning System: By forecasting cash inflows and outflows over the next 13 weeks, the 13-week cash flow forecast serves as an early warning system that alerts a business owner of potential cash flow shortages or surpluses.
- Informs on When to Spend and Save: A 13-week cash flow forecast helps a business owner better plan and manage the timing of their spending by providing a more accurate picture of their future cash position.
- Builds Trust with Bank Relationships: Cash flow forecasting can also be used to support loan applications, line of credit requests, or other financing needs. It demonstrates an owner’s professionalism and ability to manage cash effectively, which can improve relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
A 13-week cash flow forecast is a valuable tool to improve cash management and make better informed decisions. It helps one to better understand their cash position, manage their budgets, and improve their relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
Interested in cash flow strategies?
We would enjoy hearing your perspective! Please reach out with comments or questions. Please email us at email@example.com.